Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Sunrise

Good morning World! I'm up before the proverbial "crack of dawn" with my first cup of coffee and a toasted scone (homemade, of course!), and the birds are chirping away to announce the day. I love the sound of birds. They are a symphony to my ears, and they inspire a sense of peace and calm that no other sound in the city can effect.

I've been working more slowly on my next piece - in between extreme bouts of fatigue and headache. I think I had a "bug" this last week that temporarily knocked the daylights out of me. I'm feeling much better this morning, and ever so appreciative of the times I'm healthy and energetic. It's also a wonderful feeling to be content...there's a bible passage that addresses this. I think it says that contentment with godliness is great gain...something like that. I don't know how much "godliness" I can propose to have, but I can attest to the fact that contentment is truly a great blessing. This piece is reflective of that morning peace and the contentment that follows. Oh, that I would feel that way all day...now, that's a whole other issue, which I won't get into. I'm sorry about the greyish quality to this picture. I took it early in the morning with not enough natural light. The next one will be a little brighter, in addition to being finished. I still have the background and the flower at the top right to complete.

Love & blessings,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Thank you for the comments you left me this morning! :)
    I'm glad my violet post could inspire a future work.
    These flowers are very lovely... your style is impressive, unique, and recognizable.
    It seems we can inspire each other because looking at this art makes me want to draw/paint again. I haven't done that in a long time, so I am grateful for this inspiration.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so pretty! And so YOU! I'm with Jade... your style is certainly becoming recognizable! And THAT my dear, is a GOOD thing!

    OMG... I did NOT mean to quote Martha Stewart... but... lol... i DID think "Oh how 'Martha'" about your '(homemade of course) toasted scones'.. LOL. It must have trickled down into my brain! :-)

    ReplyDelete