Sunday, May 15, 2011

Art for Rain














We've had so much rain this weekend - not that I'm complaining, I love gray days. A rainy day is a perfect day to do more art, to sleep more, read more, and drink more tea! It was just barely spitting this morning, so I took Button to the park and let him sniff each tree and run to his heart's content. Even though my sweet little Button is 13 years old, he still gets excited when we go to the park. He loves it there, my cute little furry boy! When I work on my art in the solarium, he follows me in there and curls up by my art table. He is truly "man's best friend."
I finished my Floral No.4 piece last night (finally). I wanted to get it done last week, but there's been too much going on, I've been too busy. This is precisely why I don't like a busy schedule. There's nothing I love more than a leisurely day with no plans, so that I can work on my art here and there throughout the day, go for a walk, make a pot of tea, bake a batch of scones or cookies if I feel like it or take a nap... that's the epitome of contentment (at least one version of it). There's a few other versions of contentment that I have stashed away in my mind. The key for me is to realize my moment of "bliss" while I'm experiencing it. I think that's called "living in the moment" and savoring that moment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds so sweet, with Button! :-) Alone, but not alone with a Button curled up on your table.. Hehe.

    And your leisurely day sounds wonderful! You're actually being quite productive, even though it's relaxing! Very nice!

    And yes... as i mentioned in my email to you (have i sent it yet? hmm), is that i'm convinced that 'living in the moment' is the key to happiness. Sometimes hard to do when things are tough, but if we can.. it makes life so much better! :-)

    ReplyDelete