Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cupcake Queen














Cupcake Queen is here! She's the companion piece for March Girl. I tried to make her a little different by giving her some curly hair. I noticed I was starting to do the same thing for the hair that I did in a few other pieces, so I changed this one a bit. I'm glad I decided to try something different. It's too easy to get into a rut.

I think images are better when they can be grouped together, or better yet - I like creating a series around a theme. I have a few in mind to go with the March Girl (who I was going to rename, but haven't yet). I know cupcakes are a well-loved dessert, so it was easy to build a scene around this tasty treat. Of course, there's a cat or two (three... maybe four?) that snuck in there during the process. I think they got into some of the cupcakes as well, but Cupcake Queen doesn't seem to be bothered about it.


All my best,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Very "sweet"!
    :)
    Trying something different can be scary at first, but worth the effort. It can refresh us.

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Cupcakes! Gotta love that! Mmmm... Very cute! :-) But i beg to differ.... because I'M the Cupcake Queen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete