Sunday, May 15, 2011

One More Floral

Here's another floral piece that started out as a mindless sort of doodle. When I colored the leaves in, I liked the variegated look on the leaves. However, once I "finished" the rest of the picture , I wasn't sure that I liked the overall look of it, so I didn't do anything with this one (as far as printing goes). It's not a bad piece by any means, it just doesn't stand out for me the way the others do. I think it's because I left some white around the outside edges. The white parts look unfinished. I really do love color - and if I'm going to do anything with this piece, I think I have to fill in the white space with color. That's probably what's missing for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. busy girl! And SO PRETTY! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    :)
    Flowers are some of my favorite subjects for art.

    ReplyDelete