Monday, May 23, 2011

Irresistible

Even though I have so much to be grateful for, I never stop wanting more... more time to do my art, more ideas, more color, more beauty, more passion. It's like drinking a glass of cold water when you are parched - you can't stop and you just want more. This is how I feel about my art. And as silly as it may sound, I feel as though I am honoring God when I do my art. Sometimes the beauty I see when I look at nature touches me so deeply that it makes me cry, and I want to capture that beauty on the page.

With spring comes blossoms and birds - the birds are absolutely gorgeous in the morning when I walk Button (my little dog), and again at twilight. I wanted to do something with flowers and a bird. And wouldn't you know it - a cat managed to sneak in there as well. I told him he could only stay if he just watched the bird - that's it - no bird-dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, it's simply 'human' to want more! We're hard-wired that way! It's wonderful that you've found a spiritual side to your art! That makes it all the more precious!

    And i LOVE this one too! I’ve lately been Gypsy Kat... and most recently my symbol is a bird outside of its cage.. (can you say ‘freedom’?). I’ve done a few paintings myself, of a cat peeking out & looking at such-and-such.

    I LOVE this cute, chubby bird, looking into the distance, totally oblivious to the cat. I just love the look on BOTH of their faces! OH so cute!! Be wary little bird... There’s always someone out to get you! And of course, the signature Kat flowers... :-D

    Love, love, LOVE! Have i said love enough times? Hehe. I may just have to get you to hold onto this one for me!

    ReplyDelete