Monday, January 31, 2011

Yikes! Last day of January!

I can't believe it's the last day of January already. I know some people say "good riddance" to the coldest month of the year, but I say "YIKES" because time flies by far too quickly. In addition, I've hardly posted anything for this first month of 2011.

I've been rather lethargic throughout January with respect to my art. However, I did start working on a new piece, and this one was originally a girl peeking around the corner at a cat, but somehow she turned into a fairy. When I finished outlining the girl, something seemed to be missing. When I added the wing, it was as if she said, "finally... now you're listening!" This is the first of a series (at least I hope it will be a series) of my own explorations in intuitive art. Intuitive art - I'll explain more about that in another post.

This idea of posting something in stages is visually interesting - and gives me more motivation to finish a project because I want you to see my results. It's also fun to see the project develop through its various stages. So, here is the first stage of the January Fairy - maybe I'll call her Winter Fairy (how boring). As I work on completing her, I'll think of a better name.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, it's crazy how fast time is zooming by! It's only 4-1/2 months 'til i leave for Yellowknife! Last i remember it was 10 months! Lol!

    Hehe... It's funny how things turn into things you don't expect! You have an idea you want to portray, but inevitably, it morphs. It's good that you're listening to her. If the girl wants wings... the girl wants wings! She knows what's best!

    And... YAY Series! :-) I love Series! She's lookin' good! Thanks for posting her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love your new blog theme. It's bright (but not too bright) and easy to read.

    That fairy looks great. I like the way your project is progressing. You're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete