Saturday, May 5, 2012

Courage


This 6x8 collage on wood is meant to be paired with "Off With Her Head!" I love the rich red (Alizarin crimson) combined with warm brown and gold colors, which are the dominant colors in this piece. I also added some color to the collage pieces that I cut out to make them blend in a little better. You can do that with collage - manipulate your own pieces, and even draw your own if you have to! You may actually prefer to draw your own pieces, because sometimes it's more meaningful to create your own "clip art." And that's the beauty of creating used a variety of media - you can use this, or that, and create your own using whatever color scheme you wish!

The only thing I haven't done yet with my collages is add 3 dimensional bits to them, like buttons, charms - little objects. I just haven't really come across anything that I wanted to add that was meaningful. I think that's next, however. Collage is so much fun, it's also a form you can forever experiment with.

If you've never collaged before, you might want to give it a try. I have a workshop coming up on Saturday June 2nd - 11am-4:30pm. If you're interested, send me an email, artistikat@gmail.com

Blessings,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment