Sunday, May 13, 2012

Coffee, Tea or Collage?

Another Sunday afternoon that's perfect for collaging! Between reading, making a collage and eating a Turkish chocolate bar it's been a pretty fabulous way to spend a Sunday afternoon. What more could an artist ask for? I might still make a few tiny additions here and there before I add the remaining coat of varnish. It's so hard to leave these collages alone when you're close to finishing. It seems there's always another piece that could be added. "This might look good over here"...and so it keeps evolving until I add a few coats of varnish. Once the varnish is applied, I rarely change anything.

The second piece shown here was the original arrangement, which I ended up changing once I started gluing my pieces down. I really wanted to use that mini Queen of Hearts card, but it didn't seem to fit in, so I left it out. Too much fun! It's like an addiction for me. But I should stop saying "too much fun" as if having fun was something I shouldn't be having. We should all have more fun in our lives - the kind of fun you get from doing something you truly love... your passion!

It's also Mother's Day today, so a Happy Mother's day to my mom, and to all my friends who are mothers! My wishes to all of you for an enjoyable and very special day!

Happy Mother's Day &
Blessings,
~ Kate


  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including these photos of the before and after work on the collage. It is really difficult to call something completely finished. In this case the collage really came out well and it definitely was ready for the varnish. Certainly all of the mothers deserve to have a great Mother’s Day every year.

    My homepage | What is a Professional Doctorate?

    ReplyDelete