Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Wind

In keeping with the month of March, I've drawn a girl whose hair is being blown about by the March winds. The common thread in my art work these days seems to center around eyes and wind. The winds are either tossing hair or tall grass. I love the idea of the wind participating in my work - it puts movement in a "still life." And why relegate eyes to the faces of humans only? Maybe the wind has eyes, maybe flowers have eyes - who really knows? That's what creativity does - it puts possibility into everything. Nothing is limited. I love it that as an artist I can play with line, form and color with endless creative abandon! 

1 comment:

  1. OH, that's beautiful! I can just feel the wind whipping her hair! This definitely has 'you' stamped all over it! A 'style' that is becoming recognizable! How cool is that?? :-D

    And it know.. it's too awesome that we can create anything we desire... A sort of 'Godly' power over our creations... Powerful!

    ReplyDelete