Sunday, August 25, 2013

Somewhat Negligent...Who Me?

Hello everyone!
Yes, I'm guilty as charged - this blog has been so terribly neglected. I've been dabbling in collage, drawing, tried my hand at oil painting, and am returning full circle to acrylics. We always return to what we know - and for me that's drawing, pen & ink and good old acrylics!

This piece is an on-going project that is a compilation of mini collages done on wood. My goal is to have 9 of my favorites mounted on a large 24x24 cradle board. These little collages tell individual stories that document my moving to and putting down roots in Edmonton. I'm almost finished the group - I've done about 20 of them so that I have some good ones to choose from. I don't always like my collages when I'm done, so I like to have plenty to choose from. This project was originally intended to hang on one of the my walls in my apartment, but now that I'm close to finishing, I'm not so sure... it's so big! I might mount the collages in sets of 4 or 6. Not sure - I keep changing my mind on this one. No worries, it will eventually resolve itself. Usually, the pieces tell me how they want to be arranged (and no, I'm not hearing voices, but they do talk to me intuitively!).

Meanwhile, summer is flying by at warp speed. I have some beautiful pictures taken from Half Moon Lake and small towns around Edmonton, that I would like to turn into some acrylic paintings sometime soon.  Other projects, for other days! There's never, ever a shortage of ideas to work from... they just keep pouring in. And what a blessing that is! I'm not definitely not complaining! I consider my imagination and ability to generate ideas a great blessing!

I just need more free time... what's that you say? We make time for the things we love/enjoy? Yes, I agree... I just enjoy too many things!

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment