Friday, February 3, 2012

The Girls are Getting Older?

Good Morning Everyone! It's a bit gray outside, but the temperature is slightly above freezing, which is great! Our winter has been so mild, and I've been really enjoying not having to trudge through snow, scrape it off the car or shiver my rear-end off. We've had more rain than snow, which is very unusual - but no complaints from me!
These 2 drawings were done in August 2011, and I finally got around to adding the color. I think the "girls" are looking more like women. One my friends pointed this out to me, and I think she's right! I can see my style changing as I discipline myself to keep drawing. Changes in style are inevitable, as it's part of growing and evolving as an artist. I guess the excitement and joy is not knowing exactly what will emerge on the page! That unfolding evolution is as interesting to me as it is to you, the viewer or audience.

I hope you enjoy these 2 - the Florist and her sister, the Cat Lover.

All my best,
~ Kate

2 comments:

  1. These are incredible! So happy... put a smile on my face as I paused for a moment to admire each of them. It is lovely how our art evolves over time, and yet there is something constant about it as they were created with our own personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! :-D It's amazing... You've honed in and done something that i do with my own drawings/paintings, and had planned to do more of when i start again. The randomly drawn line frame that is 'checkered'. Lol. Again.. great minds think alike... :-)

    ReplyDelete